Using the clinic as a base, Oaklands is proud to offer a fully equipped mobile veterinary service for horse and pony owners in the north of England. Our portable equipment is state of the art, including wireless digital X-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy. Our ambulatory vets also have the advantage of direct rapid referral to our hospital-based specialist for advice or more advanced treatments.
Choose Oaklands for:
- Routine health care (including vaccinations, health checks, dental care).
- Poor performance and lameness examinations.
- Medical care (including geriatric care, diarrhoea, ophthalmology).
- Breeding and stud work (including artificial insemination).
- Pre-purchase examinations (vettings).
- Export and health certification.
- Specialist racehorse work.
- 24/7 emergency cover (including colics, foalings, wounds and a fully qualified emergency rescue vet).
- Free yard visits to many large yards.
See below for more information and offers
Dental care – Routine dental care is vital for your horse’s good health. Please see our dentistry page for more information.
Health checks and blood tests – If you’re worried about your horse’s health, give Oaklands a call. We’ll be happy to give advice over the phone or come to your yard and examine your horse and his or her environment. If you’re simply worried about your horse’s demenour, coat, or appetite we may decide to run a simple blood test. Often these results can guide us towards improving your horse’s health before any major symptoms of disease are apparent. Vigilance is key to catching diseases such as Cushings and liver disease early.
Emergencies – We have a 24/7 out of hours service to deal with emergencies. Don’t miss out on the opportunity of using a local veterinary practice with extensive facilities for your horse, so that should the worst happen, and you need a vet in an emergency, we can be with you quickly and deal with any situation.