Oaklands offers a full range of reproductive and obstetric services, including routine breeding work, artificial insemination, fertility investigations, pregnancy related problems, and problems during and after foaling.
Our stocks are busy right through the breeding season, with most routine scans done either first thing or later in the afternoon. In between these times we are able to visit your yard with our portable ultrasound scanner. For large numbers of mares we can arrange free visits and/or regular routine visits to your yard or stud. For such enterprises a ‘Stud Package’ is available tailored specifically to your establishment. Please contact the clinic if this is of interest to you.
We also offer an AI package to help you avoid an unexpected bill at the end of the season. Mares come into the clinic and are regularly scanned to ensure insemination is at the perfect time.
Included in this scheme:
- All routine drugs and gynaecological examinations to ensure insemination at the optimum time.
- Post ovulation checks including lavages if necessary.
- All ultrasound pregnancy examinations up to heartbeat/embryo detection
If the mare is not pregnant after her first insemination, then the process can be repeated at a reduced cost.
The scheme does not include:
- The cost of the call-out for any work performed at home.
- Pre Clinic entry health tests ie, EVA, Clitoral swab & Strangles.
- The cost of sedation, if it is necessary.
- Accommodation fees. (See below)
- Twin reduction.
- Treatment for Endometritis.
- Accommodation fees
If the insemination is not completed due to ovulation failure, semen delivery failure, incorrect/absent health status paperwork – instead of starting a new package an insemination failure fee will be charged to cover work/ drugs used.
The package fee must be paid for in full before the work commences and the fee plan is not transferable to the following season.
If one of our packages is not for you, then you will find our prices extremely competitive.
Full details of all the above are available from the clinic.