Oaklands offers a full range of reproductive and obstetric services, including routine breeding work, artificial insemination, fertility investigations, pregnancy related problems, and problems during and after foaling. Additionally, we offer a complete neonatal intensive care.
Our stocks are busy right through the breeding season, with most routine scans done either first thing or later in the afternoon. In between these times we are able to visit your yard with our portable ultrasound scanner. For large numbers of mares we can arrange free visits and/or regular routine visits to your yard or stud. For such enterprises a ‘Stud Package’ is available tailored specifically to your establishment. Please contact the clinic if this is of interest to you.
We also offer an AI package to help you avoid an unexpected bill at the end of the season. Mares come into the clinic and are regularly scanned to ensure insemination is at the perfect time.
Included in this scheme:
- Pre-breeding examination.
- All necessary ultrasound scans up to heartbeat.
- Endometrial swabs.
- Treatment of endometritis as necessary (wash outs).
- Hormone injections (prostaglandins, oxytocin, chorulon).
- Insemination with fresh, chilled or frozen semen.
- Caslicks procedure.
- Squeezing of twins if required.
The cost of the scheme is:
- £399.00 (inc. VAT) to be pre-paid for 3 cycles, fresh or chilled semen.
- £499.00 (inc. VAT) to be pre-paid for 3 cycles frozen semen.
Please note that fees NOT covered include: Laboratory fees, pregnancy scans beyond heartbeat, regumate, sedation, endometrial biopsy, transport/storage of semen, treatment of illness or injury of the mare or foal whilst hospitalised at Oaklands and other outside investigations, livery.
If one of our packages is not for you, then you will find our prices extremely competitive. Full details are available from the office.